Churches face unique legal issues that require specialized skills and knowledge to handle. When religious organizations ask for legal assistance, don't make critical errors based on seemingly minor misconceptions of the law. Attend this comprehensive overview on church law and get up to speed on employment issues, tax exemptions, fundraising matters and more. You'll take away valuable information you can use to confidently advise churches on the technical legal issues they face.
This course is co-sponsored by Wolters Kluwer.
Key topics to be discussed:
• Constitutional Background
• Organizing Churches and Auxiliary Entities
• Tax Exemption Under 501(C)(3) for Churches and Related Entities
• Minister Compensation, Benefits and Related Issues
• Conduct of Church Activities
• Church Employment Law Issues
• Church Liability Issues
Date / Time: December 13, 2017
• 2:00 pm – 5:15 pm Eastern
• 1:00 pm – 4:15 pm Central
• 12:00 pm – 3:15 pm Mountain
• 11:00 am – 2:15 pm Pacific
Choose a format:
• Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch Program “live” in real-time, must sign-in and watch program on date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for “live” CLE credit.
• On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via on-demand library and watch program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 7 business days after the original recording date and are view-able for up to one year.
All Access Pass: Before you buy, access this class and all other myLawCLE programs, over 120 new live classes every year, for only $69 dollars per month. Purchase the All Access Pass first. Click here for more information.
Copy and paste this URL into your WordPress site to embed
Copy and paste this code into your site to embed