The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) is a federal law that provides protections for military members and their families. It covers issues such as rental agreements, installment contracts, credit card interest rates, mortgage interest rates, mortgage foreclosures, civil judicial proceedings, and others. Practitioners will learn the history of the law and about recent enforcement actions at the federal and state level.
Key topics to be discussed:
- History of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- General overview of the SCRA
- Recent Enforcement at the state and federal level
- Joint letters issued by the Department of Justice and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Date / Time: March 10, 2022
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Eastern
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Central
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Mountain
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Pacific
Choose a format:
Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch Program "live" in real-time, must sign-in and watch program on date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for "live" CLE credit.
On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via on-demand library and watch program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 5 business days after the original recording date and are viewable for up to one year.