Zachary Marsh, Esq. is the founder of Marsh PLLC – a law firm located in Minneapolis, Minnesota dedicated exclusively to providing legal representation in family law matters. For more than a decade, Zach has represented clients in complex financial and custody matters. Zach has been named a Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star in every year since 2014. He is a graduate of the University of Iowa College of Law.
Dividing Assets in Divorce: A Detailed Walk-Through of a QDRO
CLE Credits earned: 2 GENERAL (or 2 LAW & LEGAL for WA state)
A review of complicated issues related to the division of assets in a divorce. This course will discuss the treatment of property as marital vs. non-marital, tax issues related to the division of retirement assets, and provide a detailed walk-through of a Qualified Domestic Relations Order.
Key topics to be discussed:
• Valuation issues in divorce
• Tracing pre-marital property
• Prenuptial agreement issues related to the division of asset and liabilities
• The division of various retirement assets
• A Qualified Domestic Relations Order – defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• Avoiding problems when dividing non-qualified pensions
• The use of QDROs in collecting spousal maintenance and child support arrears
Date / Time: January 13, 2020
• 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Eastern
• 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Central
• 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Mountain
• 11:00 am – 1:00 pm Pacific
Choose a format:
• Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch Program “live” in real-time, must sign-in and watch program on date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for “live” CLE credit.
• On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via on-demand library and watch program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 7 business days after the original recording date and are view-able for up to one year.
All Access Pass: Before you buy, access this class and all other myLawCLE programs, over 120 new live classes every year, for only $69 dollars per month. Purchase the All Access Pass first. Click here for more information.
Section I. Valuation issues in divorce – a refresher
Section II. Tracing pre-marital property
Section III. Prenuptial agreement issues related to the division of asset and liabilities
Section IV. An overview of the division of various retirement assets
Section V. A detailed walkthrough of a Qualified Domestic Relations Order – defined benefit and defined contribution plans
Section VI. Avoiding problems when dividing non-qualified pensions
Section VII. The use of QDROs in collecting spousal maintenance and child support arrears