Mary Akkerman, Esq. guides clients through all aspects of fiduciary representation, and estate planning, including dynasty trusts, domestic asset protection trusts, estate and trust administration, guardianships and conservatorships, business and tax planning, estate and gift tax planning, tax appeals and related litigation. Mary is skilled at establishing public and private trust companies in South Dakota and also regularly works with U.S. and international families and advisors with respect to cross-border planning, non-resident alien trust formation, and international tax issues.
She was elected to the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), a national organization of approximately 2,600 lawyers elected to membership by demonstrating the highest level of integrity, commitment to the profession, competence and experience as trust and estate counselors.
Awards & Recognition
• Best Lawyers in America
• American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
• ACTEC Asset Protection Committee, Member
• ACTEC Fiduciary Litigation Committee, Member
• Chambers High Net Worth, Private Wealth Law – South Dakota
• Great Plains Super Lawyers
• Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rated