Kevin Babb, Esq. is a sole practitioner located in Edwardsville, Illinois, and practices in the State and Federal Courts of Southern and Central Illinois. He concentrates his practice in the areas of tort defense, insurance coverage disputes, and commercial litigation. He received his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Illinois. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, and is a frequent speaker on issues relating to insurance coverage, and negligence and other tort liability. He also serves as the Chancellor of the Episcopal Diocese of Springfield, and has experience in legal issues relating to non-profit organizations.
Insurance Agent Negligence
Live Broadcast on February 15, 2018
Insurance agent negligence is a complex and significant area of professional liability litigation. Learn how to prepare your case when a policyholder claims that failure on the part of the agent or broker resulted in inadequate coverage and financial loss. In this webinar, Attorney Kevin Babb will show you how to apply duty of care and proximate cause to the most common scenarios of insurance professional liability. From evaluating the scope of the agent’s services to calculating damages, you’ll be prepared to tackle these cases with practical tools!
Key topics to be discussed:
• Establishing the Agent or Broker’s Duty of Care
• Is the Agent a Fiduciary – What is a “Special Relationship”?
• Common Scenarios Invoking Claims of Insurance Agent Negligence
• Types of Disputes Against Insurance Agents
• Proving Proximate Cause of the Insurance Failure
• Claims Against Agents Other Than Negligence
• Using Expert Witnesses to Support or Refute Claims Against Agents
• Defending the Claim Against Insurance Agent
• Calculating Damages in Insurance Agent Claims
• Top Ten Claims Against Insurance Agents and Emerging Issues
Date / Time: February 15, 2018
• 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Eastern
• 9:00 am – 11:00 am Central
• 8:00 am – 10:00 am Mountain
• 7:00 am – 9:00 am Pacific
Choose a format:
• Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch Program “live” in real-time, must sign-in and watch program on date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for “live” CLE credit.
• On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via on-demand library and watch program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 7 business days after the original recording date and are view-able for up to one year.
All Access Pass: Before you buy, access this class and all other myLawCLE programs, over 120 new live classes every year, for only $69 dollars per month. Purchase the All Access Pass first. Click here for more information.
mylawCLE seeks approval in all states.
CLE 2.00 – AK
CLE 2.00 – IA
CLE 2.00 – MP
CLE 2.40 – NY
CLE 2.00 – UT
myLawCLE will seek credit where attending attorneys are primarily licensed for all of its live webinars and live teleconferences, except in states which allow for reciprocity (see reciprocity section below). Credit for CLE in a self-study format is sought for in most states; however, some states do not allow for CLE credit to be earned in a self-study format (see the self-study section below). Many states typically decide whether a program qualifies for MCLE credit in their jurisdiction 4-8 weeks after the program application is submitted. For many live events, credit approval is not received prior to the program. Credit hours granted are subject to approval from each state.
Additionally, some states allow for credit to be granted on a 1:1 reciprocal basis for courses approved in another mandatory CLE jurisdiction state. This is known as a reciprocity provision and includes the following states: AK, AR, CO, FL, ME, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NY, PR, and SD. myLawCLE does not seek direct accreditation of live webinars or teleconferences in these states.
myLawCLE will seek on-demand approval in all states except Virginia and Arkansas (outside reciprocal provisions stated above).
myLawCLE Credit Guarantee
myLawCLE offers a program and credit approval guarantee. If a registered attendee is unhappy with a CLE program they have attended, myLawCLE will offer that attended access to another complimentary CLE or a full refund in order to insure the attendee’s satisfaction.
Additionally, on all online CLE programs application for approval will be made in all states where attending attorneys are primarily licensed in. If a registered attorney does not receive credit from their state for any reason, a full refund will be granted.