Dal Houston, Esq. has been a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association for the past 20 years, with an emphasis on real estate transactions and specifically regarding Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges. Mr. Houston is the Managing Member of Benson & Houston, P.L.L.C., and Managing Member of D.L.H Exchange Company, L.L.C., and related exchange entities. Mr. Houston has written numerous articles on this subject.
Top 5 Real Estate Strategies that Gets Results
Strategies for real estate transactions, including provisions to eliminate surprise, and keep transaction on track for closing, overcoming title issues, due diligence and creative use of Section 1031.
Key topics to be discussed:
• Effective use of due diligence to avoid troubled properties and legal actions
• Effective use of title insurance
• Overcoming title issues
• Strategies to negotiate and draft real estate contracts
• The creative use of Section 1031 exchanges
Date / Time: January 19, 2018
• 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Eastern
• 9:00 am – 11:00 am Central
• 8:00 am – 10:00 am Mountain
• 7:00 am – 9:00 am Pacific
Choose a format:
• Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch Program “live” in real-time, must sign-in and watch program on date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for “live” CLE credit.
• On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via on-demand library and watch program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 7 business days after the original recording date and are view-able for up to one year.
All Access Pass: Before you buy, access this class and all other myLawCLE programs, over 120 new live classes every year, for only $69 dollars per month. Purchase the All Access Pass first. Click here for more information.
mylawCLE seeks approval in all states.
CLE 2.00 – AK
CLE 2.00 – IA
CLE 2.00 – MP
CLE 2.40 – NY
CLE 2.00 – UT
myLawCLE will seek credit where attending attorneys are primarily licensed for all of its live webinars and live teleconferences, except in states which allow for reciprocity (see reciprocity section below). Credit for CLE in a self-study format is sought for in most states; however, some states do not allow for CLE credit to be earned in a self-study format (see the self-study section below). Many states typically decide whether a program qualifies for MCLE credit in their jurisdiction 4-8 weeks after the program application is submitted. For many live events, credit approval is not received prior to the program. Credit hours granted are subject to approval from each state.
Additionally, some states allow for credit to be granted on a 1:1 reciprocal basis for courses approved in another mandatory CLE jurisdiction state. This is known as a reciprocity provision and includes the following states: AK, AR, CO, FL, ME, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NY, PR, and SD. myLawCLE does not seek direct accreditation of live webinars or teleconferences in these states.
myLawCLE will seek on-demand approval in all states except Virginia and Arkansas (outside reciprocal provisions stated above).
myLawCLE Credit Guarantee
myLawCLE offers a program and credit approval guarantee. If a registered attendee is unhappy with a CLE program they have attended, myLawCLE will offer that attended access to another complimentary CLE or a full refund in order to insure the attendee’s satisfaction.
Additionally, on all online CLE programs application for approval will be made in all states where attending attorneys are primarily licensed in. If a registered attorney does not receive credit from their state for any reason, a full refund will be granted.